We and the faculty are once again totally committed to making this learning
experience engaging and stellar!
The practice of state-of-the-art medicine requires updated knowledge of all of the specialties that internal medicine encompasses.
This intensive course will provide you with comprehensive, up-to-date, evidence based diagnostic and therapeutic concepts that you will be able to implement into your daily practice.
Teaching will be primarily through lectures, special workshops, Ask the Expert sessions, panels and case discussions with a plethora of visual aids. In addition, each specialty will have a case-based session using an interactive wireless audience response system, which will allow you to anonymously test your knowledge in the different areas of medicine, and compare it with your peers. The syllabus will include a multitude of checklists and opportunities in writing to make a “commitment to improve” areas of your practice.
Participation in this course will be immensely helpful if you are preparing for the internal medicine boards or recertification examination.
We hope that you will leave this course informed and inspired and through your work, your patients will live healthier and happier lives.
Meet The Directors
Martin J. Abrahamson, MD, FACP
Sanjiv Chopra, MD, MACP
Mark L. Zeidel, MD
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Integrate new knowledge and research findings into the evaluation and treatment of common medical disorders.
- Identify current therapeutic options for specific disorders commonly seen in practice and apply when appropriate.
- Inform and inspire colleagues to prevent burnout and lead in effective ways.
- Review updates on topics such as diabetes, VTE, rheumatic diseases, breast and ovarian cancer, hepatitis B, and develop strategies to apply in practice that will lead to enhanced patient care.
- Acquire an approach to assessing patient-specific risk and benefit opiates for chronic pain.
You will take home:
- An understanding of the clinically important advances that have recently been made in common diseases.
- Recommendations for optimal management of many common diseases.
- An awareness of areas of strength and weakness by participating in interactive computer-based sessions.
- New! A complete syllabus available in print and online that includes patient checklists and other useful materials, which will allow you to review material at home.
- An educational tool online that contains chest x-rays, ECGs, peripheral smears, cutaneous lesions, liver and renal biopsies, and selected ocular, endocrine, rheumatological, and gastrointestinal abnormalities.
This course is designed to meet one or more of the following Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education competencies:
- Patient care
- Medical knowledge
- Practice-based learning and improvement
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Systems-based practice